Home | About Us | History | Museum of Vandalia & Butler Township | Exhibits | Annual Events | Calendar | Membership | Endowment Fund | Outside Links
EXHIBIT PAGES
Tadmor
Al Johnson's Flying Service
V-B Schools History
Old Vandalia 1885-1945

 

 

AL JOHNSON'S FLYING SERVICE

The History of Flying in the Northern Miami Valley Prior to 1945

Here are some of the displays currently featured in our museum - click any picture to view a larger version:

 

Close-up pictures of interest - click any picture to view a larger version:

Aerial view of Al Johnson's Flying Field

Visitors inspecting Johnson's 1928 Travel Air 4000 powered by a Wright J-5 engine at the 1929 Grand Opening of Johnson's Flying Field in Vandalia

1926 - Mrs. Johnson shatters a bottle of champagne on the nose of the newly developed Johnson Twin 60 Bi-Plane; Al, Orville W, and Col. Deeds observe

Al Johnson's VE-7 aircraft won the 1924 International Air Races. R - L: Jimmie Johnson (no relation!), Jimmie's sister Helen, Trudy and Al Johnson

Copied from the 1931 Butler Aviator