EXHIBIT PAGES

 

 

History of the vandalia-butler school system

Here are some of the displays currently featured in our museum - click any picture to view a larger version:


Close-up pictures of interest - click any picture to view a larger version:

Murlin Heights School - 1885. The school still stands proudly just north of the current Murlin Heights Elementary (Schwab Photography Studio)

1955 - Built in 1921, all 12 grades attended this Butler School in the Village of Vandalia (currently Morton Middle School on National Road)

This is one of the rare photos of a Quaker School class - this was the 1912-1913 sixth grade class

Pine Grove School - Mary Ella North, teacher. Photo taken prior to 1900

The lower classroom of the Vandalia Village School, Helen Hopkins, teacher. Photo taken in 1910 - Mary Hoottinger, first girl in the third row.