Weddings & reunions
The Historical Society of Vandalia-Butler also makes our
beautiful site available for Weddings and Reunions:
- Small Summer/Fall weddings in the 1860's one-room Brown
School House or the late 1800's, 2-story Log House. The
capacity of either structure is very limited and would have to
be determined and limited by the size and complexity of the
- Summer / Fall Class or Family Reunions (picnics) can be held
'outdoors' in our Shelter House. The covered area is
limited in size, therefore weather is always a question.
- Your group's donation to the Historical Society of
Vandalia-Butler must be agreed upon and paid in full four weeks
prior to the occasion.
- There is no beer, alcohol or drugs allowed on the premises.
- There are no cooking facilities on the grounds, therefore,
catering or carry-in food is the only option.
- There is only one restroom that is indoors and operational
and two outdoor toilets.
- Clean-up and returning tables and chairs to their original
location is your responsibility.
Please contact us if you have any